The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8” and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact with the wood fiber only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. Knowing that the board is not uniform, you can use the pins to determine the drying pattern. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications:
- Flooring installers: Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete.
- Dry kiln operators: Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern.
- Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen: Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate.
The 26-ES may be purchased as a separate option or included in one of our moisture meter packages, depending on model.
- Two pins
- 1 1/8" penetration
- Use to measure moisture content in wood at different levels of penetration
- Ideal for shell and core tests to detect moisture gradients and to test lumber with wet surfaces